Re: NO LBC content, but car related

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NO LBC content, but car related
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:09:57 EST
In a message dated 1/10/03 8:23:54 PM, breeanna1012000@yahoo.com writes:

<< After I got home, I went to the shop where I purchased
my battery, as it was still in warranty.
They checked it, they said it showed it was ok..
but yet it wouldnt hold a charge and as sooon
as you turned the ignition off and then tried to
start it again, it wouldnt start. It would only
make the clicking noise. >>

Breanna, the bottom line here is you were stranded away from home and had to
buy a new battery.  The old battery was in warranty, but would not start your
car, so you had to replace it where you were--not where you bought the
battery.

There is a good chance that the warranty will be pro-rated, you should read
it to determine exactly what is involved.  Then you may have to go back to
the shop that sold it to you and stare at the manager until he blinks--but
know what rights you have going in and hold out for them.  If he is still
balky, you can threaten consumer service offices, local radio station trouble
shooters, your lawyer friend, or whatever applies.  But it may be that the
warranty on the battery isn't really worth much anyway--depends on how old it
is.  If the battery has already given you 85% of the expected service, it's
probably just as well to walk away from it.  On the other hand, if it is only
15%, fight for it.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"