Re: now SUV rage 2003 05:52:55 -0800 (PST)

To: mycroft@flash.net (Bruce Lowry)
Subject: Re: now SUV rage 2003 05:52:55 -0800 (PST)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:27:57 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey....

It's America, guys and gals. OK? It's
like cigarettes. The government has not
outlawed them (just taxed them to death
and spent tobacco "penalty" money on
everything but healthcare, basically!:) but
it is a democracy (a question of "extent",
like everything else) so, it's a "free"
country.

I consider SUV's as "rollover" material in
a "turn & brake" situation and don't like
not being able to see around them. I think
people who buy them and have no use for
them are idiots considering their fuel
efficiency but here again, this is a matter
regulated these days by government. So
take their existence and present fuel
economy up with your elected reps and
leave the owner/drivers alone. The way
they choose to spend their bucks and
excersize their freedom of  choice is none
of your business....take it up with the people YOU elected in
Washington.

One thing I do understand is the "vertical
perspective" they give the driver in traffic
though I persoally hate not being able to see around them, myself.

Guess I'll have to put by BE on stilts.

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog