RE: Carb choice for 1275

To: Jacques Le Clainche <jleclainche@cox.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Carb choice for 1275
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:36:22 -0800 (PST)
--- Jacques Le Clainche <jleclainche@cox.net> wrote:
> Spridgeteerrs,
>
> 1275 cc with +20 overbore and AE pistons (8.8 CR),
> Kent MD276 - What carb
> for "fast street" use? 40DCOE, 45DCOE, or?

For my streetcar with nearly identical setup, I use a
45DCOE.  It worked well out of the box, the only
tweaking I did was increasing the pump jet a tad and
reducing the main jet a tad.  I don't remember the
sizes offhand, as once you set it you can forget about
it.   The cheapest source was Shadetree Motors (Skip),
cheaper than Pierce manifolds, with K&N and crappy
Cannon manifold (I still have it, it's ok for street use).