Re: Speaking of Old F***ts (NO LBC)

Subject: Re: Speaking of Old F***ts (NO LBC)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 14:38:25 -0800
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>  The only phone in the house was in
> the living room and it was on a party line.

One difference - we knew all 4 parties on the line. Saturday night entertainment
was known as "rubbernecking".

> Pizzas were not delivered to our home. But milk was.

Milk was delivered in a bucket by whoever was assigned to do the morning
milking.
Eggs arrived the same way.

Weather was forecast by whether or not we could smell the pulp mill in Lewiston.
If we could, it was going to rain & we worked around the clock to get the
hay/wheat/barley/whatever into the barn before the rain hit. Meals were
"takeout", delivered to be eaten on the truck/tractor/combine as we worked.

Kate