Re: Lucas and Fruitcake

Subject: Re: Lucas and Fruitcake
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:30:42 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I've had 2 original unrestored cars over the years: a 61 Bugeye and a 74
Midget. I
owned the 61 Bugeye in the late Eighties and the 74 Midget I own today.
No
problems with either electrical system.

I owned a '72 Midget with electrical problems. I removed all of the PO's
jumper
wires and cleaned ALL the connectors and sockets. That eliminated every
problem.
Subsequently, I did have two electrical problems with that car: the
bracket ear on
the alternator cracked and the original fuel pump finally failed.

I can't speak for more complex British electrical systems, but in my
experience
stock Spridget electrical systems offer no trouble.

As you say, the systems in the other restored cars which I own and have
owned did
not have problems either.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct