Re: Lucas and Fruitcake

To: <donmay@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas and Fruitcake
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:13:58 -0000
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Don,

Thank you for an honest appraisal of the Prince of Darkness and all his works.
The crumbling rubber, dirty cotton coatings, oxidised, vermiculite coated
(rusted in iron terms) terminals and work hardened wire are all too familiar.
Stripping back to the point where you can't strip back any more is only too
frequent.
It amuses me that the people who have recently done a re-furbish to their
wiring normally claim their is a good job from a couple of years ago, you
normally don't hear of the guy saying 'I re-furbished a couple of decades ago
and don't have a problem'.  Yet the same guy expects 30 year old Prince of
Darkness wiring and insulation and mechanical component not to cause a
problem.
As far as the fruitcake goes, my wife has a healthy hobby of cake decorating
and will only use fruitcakes (sponge cakes die within a week).  I don't use it
at all, I've reverted to my pre-historic gene pool pattern of storing fat
whenever the pheromones waft under my nose!

Guy R Day