Way OT: Copper Corrosion

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Way OT: Copper Corrosion
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 12:52:32 -0500
And now for something completely different ...

As with many homes here in the sunny south, ours has heat
pumps up and down. I noticed today that the copper refrigerant line,
soldered to the under-the-house air handler, has loads of bubbly
looking blue corrosion right at the solder joint.

A. Is this a problem?
2. If this is a problem, is there a copper-corrosion inhibitor
    I ought to find and use?
c. Will anti-aluminum-corrosion inhibitor, which I do have
     a tube of, do any good? Any harm?

thanks,

chuckc