Re: Way OT: Copper Corrosion

To: chuck <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Way OT: Copper Corrosion
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:05:38 -0500
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
chuck wrote:
 > I noticed today that the copper refrigerant line,
> soldered to the under-the-house air handler, has loads of bubbly
> looking blue corrosion right at the solder joint.
>
> A. Is this a problem?

No. copper turns a greenish blue (patina) with age.
The acid in the flux when it was soldered accellerated the process.
As long as it's not leaking, and you would know this because your AC
would not work, it's fine.
Wipe it off with a bit of steel wool and it should be fine.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ