Re: tech Q, piston rings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tech Q, piston rings
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:02:07 EST
bushwacker4@zoomtown.com writes:

> Get yourself a ring end trimmer tool. It is a little whirlygig that you
> crank by hand and it sands/grinds the end of the ring...

I bought one of these things on ebay for about 20 bucks. Chuck had also
offered me his, but I figured by the time I paid for mailing back and
forth...

Don't over think this, it is actually alot easier than it sounds. I did the
rings on my TR using all ten thumbs, and ended up with almost matching
compression on all cylinders.

David Oliner