Harbor Frieght Tools

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Harbor Frieght Tools
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:24:26 -0600
Hi,
You get what you pay for.  I own and use many tools from HF.  But, I
wouldn't want to rely on them if I were a professional mechanic.  A $100
engine lift would probably do a nice job on a Spridget engine.  But, a
big block V-8?  Beware.  I find that most HF tools can be improved.
Their $40 (on sale) drill press looks very similar to my Craftsman drill
press that cost 3X as much.  For the home mechanic/hobby guy, HF has
some bargains.  For a pro machine shop, forgetaboutit.
Cheers,
Derf