Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Gone electronic! aka Guy goes modern! :)

To: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Gone electronic! aka Guy goes modern! :)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 18:34:29 -0000
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Oh, sorry I forgot about the radio.
I just assumed everyone knew that.  I have always used the radio to
get the initial static timing point.  Turn the engine over until the
crank pulley pointers are aligned at whatever your static setting
is,--- 7 degrees BTDC, or whatever.
Turn on the radio, tune off station and turn up the volume a bit.
Then, with ignition on and the dizzy clamp slackend off, rotate the
dizzy till you here the click of the spark on the radio. Lock down the
clamp and that's your static timing done. Nice and accurate! Now you
start it up and make your final adjustment by the sound and feel of
the engine, or a strobe light if that's the one for you.

Only the electronic one dosn't give off a signal so I couldn't use the
radio method, and of course ciggy papers were out too.

Guy