Re: Bugeye towing vehicle (no LBC)

To: jleclainche@cox.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye towing vehicle (no LBC)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:34:05 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Yeah, lose the heavy trailer.  What are you towing it on (in)?

I towed my racing Midget with a Ford Ranger with a 4.0 liter V6 over six
mountain ranges to get to Watkins Glen from Houston.  The truck was
jammed with tools, parts, supplies, luggage, and my friend Randy.  On
some of the steeper, longer grades I had to switch off overdrive, but
that was the most difficulty the Ranger had.

The Midget was on an open trailer specifically sized for a Spridget and
consisted only of two ramps and two tires.  It doesn't weigh more than a
few hundred pounds.

Lately I bought a Dodge Diesel 3/4 ton truck and a 20' enclosed trailer
to haul everything, but that's because I wanted the ability to tow my
"larger" cars in an enclosed trailer.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD