RE: Bugeye towing vehicle (no LBC)

To: jleclainche@cox.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Bugeye towing vehicle (no LBC)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:19:47 -0500 FILETIME=[D5522CE0:01C2D234]
Jac,
Best bang fo the Buck is to get a Lightning crate motor, under $4000.
380 HP!!! Should give ya plenty!

Not that much dough available? I also have heard nothing but good things
about Gale Banks Products.
JBA Headers, not the cheapest but supposedly the best. Gibson catback
exhaust, good and reasonable.
B+M electronic shift kit, less thatn $40, easy to install and works very
well.
Don't waste your money on one of those Air induction kits, not worth the $$
IMHO.
Chips, more power BUT you have to use Premium fuel. Higher fuel costs worth
the extra maybe 15HP? Up to you.
Go to www.F150online.com , they have product reviews, an good classified
section and a good tech section.
I have an Expedtion w/ a 5.4 also. I don't have the tow package so I have
the 3.55 gear set. Towing my Bugeye through the hills o Eastern  Pa, I truck
did notice it a bit, but not bad, did downshift a couple o times on the
looong hills. I haven't added any exhaust mods yet, but did the B+M shift
thing, very good results, did poor mans FIPK intake mod, worked well for
little $$. Edelbrock shocks, worked well for a year, next time I'll try the
Bilsteins.

Brian S.
5? Bugeye under resto