Ya find LBC's in...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Ya find LBC's in...
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:43:40 -0800 (PST)
..the strangest places.

Down in Peoria, IL at an Air National Guard base
meeting with some brass, and somebody makes a comment
about using the empty hangars (previously occupied by
aircraft that have recently gone...um..overseas) to
store "some of Soave's cars".  One of the brass asks
what kind, I tell (LBC-wise, currently 2 Bugeyes and a
beautiful 1970 Midget).  Turns out he dated his wife
in a TR4 (hers), bought a TR4A (liked TR-4 better),
had an XK-120, started going to Sebring in 1959, etc.,
etc.  He asks if I know anyone who might want an Elva
Courier Mk 1, s/n L18 (18th LHD car).  Been in a barn
for 30 years.  I would LOVE it, but really have no
room at the moment.  It is a roller, and free.  So I
quickly call a lister, he says "yes" without even
spitting out his beer.  Very cool, everyone's happy!
Sometimes a free car is a horribly bad deal, but I
think an Elva can't really be bad, ever!

Grasshopper