Re: towing sprite

To: bugeye@austin.rr.com, GMGoodman@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: towing sprite
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:31:05 EST
In a message dated 2/12/03 1:25:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bugeye@austin.rr.com writes:

> The U-haul trailers are too wide (even when adjusted) to
> fit a Sprite.  I pulled the alignment out on my Bugeye
> trying to fit it onto one of those things....

- - - - - - - - - - -

That's odd.  Is the track wider on the later cars?  My '77 Midget fit OK.  It
was rubbing the insides of the tires a bit, but not enough to cause any
damage.

I guess you can deflate the tires part way to soften them a little.  You need
to line the wheels up accurately when driving up the ramp so you don't make
the car jump sideways.  My car wasn't running so we pushed it up.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)