Bugeye dash, yes it's from a midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye dash, yes it's from a midget
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:22:31 EST
Thanks to all who responded to my dash question.  Upon further examination,
it appears that the DPO cut his own whole for the Bugeye
ingnition/combination switch.  If anyone in the Connecticut or surrounding
states wants to swap a bugeye dash for a Midget MKI dash let me know,
otherwise I will use this one without the padding, relocate the electricals
where necessary and plug and weld the non-conforming holes.

Thanks to all for the info.

BTW, the book "Sprite and Midgets" by Jonathan Edwards has very little
information or detail on Bugeyes and just a little more info on later models.
 While it is somewhat helpful, it doesn't come close to the detailed
information that I found on my TR3A in the "Original "series on Triumph
TR2/TR3/TR3A by Billl Piggott.

Also, I checked a book out of the library from the MOTOR series "motor, Auto
Body Repair" by Robert Scharff.  This as an Auto Body Shop information and
How To book of over 800 pages detailing everything from cost estimating to
Jig Frame straightning, well beyond the needs of the shade tree mechanic.
But the two sections that are of great help to us hobbiest, are on MIG
welding and Body prep/painting.  It even gets into spray gun selection and
spray pattern dynamics.  It made me wonder how I was able to paint my TR3A as
well as I did with my "Horrible Freight" spray gun.  The subject detail and
explanation is well written and easy to understand with lots of pictures and
drawings.

Thanks again,

Gary Boufard
59 Bugeye