Re: Brake Pressure Fail Switch (leaking now, need to replace)

To: "Tim Holt" <holtt@nacse.org>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Pressure Fail Switch (leaking now, need to replace)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:06:01 -0500
I think what would concern me is that fluid
has reached that switch to begin with!
The plunger inside, shaped like a barbell,
has seals around it on either side of the depression
where the switch tip rests. If and when you have a failure
in one of the ckts, the plunger moves sideways depressing
the switch. It sounds like these seal might be a problem.
Pull the switch body out of the brass main body and
look down i nthe hole. You should see two angled
walls down inside on either side of the hole where the
switch came out. If it looks 'filled' the plunger inside
is already off center, denoting a passed failure, or it
might have been forced off center during a brake bleed job.
Brake fluid should never be able to get to the switch
due to the seals on the plunger/shuttle inside the unit.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com