Re: Brake Pressure Fail Switch (leaking now, need to replace)

To: "Tim Holt" <holtt@nacse.org>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Pressure Fail Switch (leaking now, need to replace)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:54:27 -0600
> I had someone work on the rear brakes a while back - I dunno if that's
> when this all started or not.

Given that perspective, my reconstruction of the situation is this:

1. The pressure differential switch does not ordinarily move at all.
2. When bleeding brakes, it does move.
3. When your rear brakes were worked on, they were bled with pedal pressure
rather than using a MityVac or one of the other products that forces fluid
through the system without pumping the pedal.
4. As a result, the shuttle did move and the seals died in the process.
5. Get a kit from Peter C to replace the seals and you should be fine.
6. when you do bleed the brakes, there is a good chance of this shuttle
moving and the brake light staying on. Haynes has a sequence to go through
to re-center the shuttle. It works.

HTH
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget