Cracked Fuel Line on Bugsy

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cracked Fuel Line on Bugsy
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:32:05 -0800 (PST)
I decided to put Bugsy back together rather than fuss with removing the oil pan
which is glued on tight. After further investigation looks like timing chain
cover is where the leak is and I'm not about to get into that right now. So its
live with the small leak until its time to pull the engine for one reason or
another.

While I was under neath there tightening oil pan bolts I decided to see if I
could get the fuel line clips to fasten to the frame as its supposed to do
rather than hang there floating rather freely only suppoerted at the front and
rear. Couldn't get things to work and discovered when I started up Bugsy that I
now have a very substantial leak of gasoline pumping steadily out underneath
the car.

OK so much for firing up the kerosene heater to fix this problem. Questions are

Steel or Brass/Copper Fuel line

How long does it need to be, 5' , 6'

Any good ideas on some sort of clamps to hold the new fuel line to the frame
rails other than drilling and tapping the frame rail for some sort of screw
fitting.

Can't tell if the oil leak has gone away or not. Shut Bugsy down real quick
after fuel started going everywhere. It was good to hear him getting excited
once again after not hearing him roar for quite some time. Come on Spring!!!

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH