Opinions Wanted on APT & Longman Heads

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Vintage Race Digest" <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Opinions Wanted on APT & Longman Heads
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:54:13 -0500
I just finished dis-mantling the Turner's Spridget engine - 948.  Spent time
today adding up cost of parts, machining & labor to bring current slightly
modified head to full-race condition.  It would cost nearly as much before
my own labor as if I bought a finished head from APT or MiniMania (Longman).

So, my question for all is this - what has been your experience with either
head?  Keep in mind that I will be buying a race head, not a street head.

Thanks in advance to any & all of you who can help.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner
'66 MGB