Re: 7/16" wheel studs

To: "Jay Shaffer" <shaf@zenten.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 7/16" wheel studs
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:43:49 -0800
Hi Jay,
You can get the long wheel studs at MM or other places.  The best way I have
to drill out the axles, hubs, rear drums, etc is to use a drill set like the
one available from Horrible Freight with a drill press.  Center each work
piece to the drill bit by rotating the chuck by hand. Expand the holes in
stages using drill bits 1/64" larger each time until you reach the desired
diameter.  This takes time, but it results in well spaced holes.

Myles