Re: Coil polarity question

To: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coil polarity question
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:07:34 -0600
> I have reversed the ground to negative  . . .
> Now to my question:  I will be installing a new distributor with a
Pertronix
> unit (L142A)

Biff,
Stop. Send that Pertronix back and start over. At least, the way I am
reading the Pertronix catalog, the L142A is a positive ground application.
Since you converted your Bugeye to negative ground, you should be getting a
negative ground Pertronix.

Due to the nature of electromagnetic fields, there is a difference in the
efficiency of the coil when wired in the opposite direction. Remember that
you are feeding it DC current. Yes, polarity should be properly observed.
David Lieb
RWA Midgets