well i'm back from sebring.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: well i'm back from sebring.
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:23:34 -0500
oh my goodness where do you start?
as for me i came home with 2 class wins one in my hour enduro and one in my
30 minute sprint race.  the weather was very hot (high 80's into the 90's)
since i was coming from the near freezing temperatures of pennsylvania.
there was a friday night storm that literally colapsed some people's EZ up's
and canopys with the sudden amount of rain and what survived that and was
not tied down securly literaly blew away!  i was in a 20 foot box truck
during the storm and the wind was tossing that truck back and forth like it
was out on ocean waves!
now! the fun stuff!  there were 2 minature hummers built on golf carts
called "humdingers" there.  i got a ride in one as we surveyed the "wild
life" at night at sebring.  evry report of scantly clad young ladies, evry
concieveable type of legal and illegal alcohol and more was there in plain
view to see!  heck!  one guy had a generator running a big(and i mean BIG)
screen TV running 24hour porno flicks in his campsite!  the little girls
were flashing the crowd for strings of baccus beads, (i have 3 strings on
the rear view mirror of my van as a memento).  the golf cart races friday
night after the rain were hilarious!  180 degree spins at speed, drag races
forward and reverse and hot laps in the pits complete with them rubbing and
bumping in the corners!  this was completly unofficial and evry police
patrol that aproached the carts had them scattering like roaches in a cheap
motel when you turn on the lights!  (i stayed i night in a florida "cheap
35.00/night motel....never...never...never again!) the wild life was
incredible evry night into the wee hours of pre dawn.   that is what makes
sebring....sebring!  and in spite of all this..i got some racing in!  LOL!
i really enjoy going racing but the spring break crowd really livens up this
event like only today's youth can..........
chuck.
that darn orange saab...!
in light of today being 48 hours after the president's speech, i'm very glad
to be safely home with my family....come what may.