Re: nice day for a push

To: "Patricia Sauthoff" <trishasauthoff@yahoo.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: nice day for a push
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:32:41 -0600
> Last week I took the starter out, had it tested at my local NAPA, and
after it tested fine noticed that the pinion and barrel (part 17 on page 177
of the beloved Haynes manual) stuck a bit.  So it was oiled with some
graphite oil, and it worked great until this morning.

Well Frank blanketed this one in his usual inimitable style, but I did want
to add one little thing. Page 178 of your beloved Haynes manual Section 21
step 17 also tells you NOT to lubricate those drive components because "this
can, after some use, cause the pinion to stick."
David Lieb
RWA Midgets