Re: Yokohama AVS Intermediate

To: jleclainche@cox.net
Subject: Re: Yokohama AVS Intermediate
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:43:29 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
That's a fantastic price for those tires.  I've heard nothing but good
things about them.  They are an excellent high performance street tire
that can be used for autocross and track day performance.  If I had a
street Midget that I was sure could handle the width I'd snatch a set in
a heartbeat.  For a racecar, they would not be near as grippy as the
A032R or any other R compound tire.  But they would certainly last longer
at a fraction of the cost.

Before you get too excited about them, though, check with your racing
organization.  If you are racing vintage, for example, they may not be
legal.  Some places allow "any street-legal DOT tire" with certain size
limitations while others have sanctioned only specific tires.

I think they would probably work fine on your Bugeye, although a 185 is
getting pretty fat and you might have some trouble with rubbing.

David Littlefield
1962 MGA MkII
1974 MG Midget vintage racecar
1951 MGTD