RE: Oil pressure gauge help

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "James Dowling" <jimdinalameda@hotmail.com> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h33JDorU030115
Subject: RE: Oil pressure gauge help
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:11:35 -0600
Hi Chris, I'm pretty sure the threads you mentioned are not the same.  If I'm
remembering correctly, the 3/8" fine is a straight thread and the 1/8" pipe is
a tapered thread.  While the thread pitch seems pretty similar, the pipe thread
seals because of the taper and the straight thread seals with a flare or a soft
washer depending on its use.  Anyway, that's what I remember.
Jack