Re: Now Spring Weather

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Now Spring Weather
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 21:49:06 EST
In a message dated 4/5/03 4:21:06 PM, jkk@adams.net writes:

<< I think I'd druther take my chances with a tornado than a freeway fallin'
on
me or the whole shebang sliding off into the Pacific someday. >>

hmmm.  I have lived the majority of my life in California, never was near a
really bad earthquake (closer than 100 miles).  Lived in Mississippi for
about a total of six months for various reasons and encountered enough by way
of tornadoes and hurricanes to convince me that earthquakes are much easier
to take.  Most of the time, they are just a strange sensation that is over
before you recognize what's happening.  Tornadoes are sheer terror until they
pass--even if you are in the storm cellar.  As far as that big one that is
going to tip us off into the Pacific, it's been coming since my childhood and
probably still isn't any more likely than it is that some nuts are going to
fly hijacked airplanes into the twin towers.

At least that would be an act of God and we would have to deal with it, but
once it happened it would be over.  Come to think of it, so is a tornado I
guess.  Still prefer earthquakes.

In general, the weather is fantastic here today.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"