bugeye door hinge alignment help

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: bugeye door hinge alignment help
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:59:42 -0400
welded the new lower hinge repair in on drivers side. I am having some trouble
getting proper top edge alignment. I should note, this door had the same mis
alignment before I repaired lower hinge, I was hoping it was caused by
practically non existant previous hinge. The new hinge temp welded in measures
the same as oppositte side from flat of hinge to the start of rear fender i
think its 26 1/4. The door wont align properly at the top edge farthest from
the hinges, where it meets the fender. It had this before, its slight, maybe
1/4 higher. The door aligns everywhere else, the windscreen area and in line
with the sill. It almost looks as if the very top curve of the door is higher
than it should be? as if it follows the rear fender curve, but at the top is
somehow deformed?

If I loosen the top hinge ( not replaced-original) bolt, i can get the rear
edge to drop down low enough, but then there is no clearance between the door
and rear fender. Clearance appears to be good elsewhere. Would shimming behind
the upper hinge slightly help with this? I am not sure if it is the door itself
or a combination of the A pillar but its not perfect.

Thanks for help-Josh