Re: Valves - are the expensive ones worth it?

To: Phil Profili <Phil.Profili@cptii.com>
Subject: Re: Valves - are the expensive ones worth it?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:57:25 -0700
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Phil,
     I am in the middle of building a 1275 head also.  I only live about 5
minutes away from APT and have been over there numerous times to talk to David
Anton.  He says, if you only put Rimflo valves in there and use a larger intake
only you will flow a tremendous amount more air
than stock.  This is if you do not even do any grinding as in Vizard's book.  I
will be using 1.5 rockers and a 266 cam with the one size larger intake Rimflo
and normal size Rimflo exhaust.  I will also be using a single HIF 1 3/4 inch
carb and exhaust header.  David said he has
seen as much a 100 horsepower with this setup!  This is still a tractable
street motor.  As far as springs go, just use the normal cheap double spring
set and you will be fine.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite