RE: Valves - are the expensive ones worth it?

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Valves - are the expensive ones worth it?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:35:16 -0400
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h3IHbcio023348
Mike - So would that be the 1.4" intakes?

I'll need to check with my local machine shop whether there's enough width in
my inserts to accommodate the bigger valves, but I was thinking 1.4" inlets and
maybe standard or 1.215" exhausts.  If the inserts are too narrow, I may be
forced to stick with stock sized valves.  Also, I've already completed the
basic porting as described in Vizard (cleaned up the chamber and reprofiled the
area around the guides).

I also have a 1 3/4" HIF44, the Titan manifold and Maniflow exhaust header, so
I'm expecting some reasonable gains over the 1098 I'm running now.

What needle do you plan to start with?

Phil