RE: footwell floor replacement help

To: "Kevin Valentine" <valntine@ptd.net>, "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: footwell floor replacement help
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:29:11 -0500
OK youse guys...

I've got to lodge a protest here...

Many of you guys that bitch to high heaven about all the incorrect parts
from the usual suppliers are the same ones advocating what amounts to f'd up
incorrect repairs. When you guys weld, pop rivet, or fiberglass stops signs
in as floors on Spridgets, you haven't "saved" them, you've just made their
deaths a lingering one. To ever make it right will take twice as much work.

The correct floor panels are available, not very expensive, and often would
be far easier than the FUBAR repairs you're "doin' on the cheap". Consider
it a good opportunity to buy that 110 mig you've always wanted. Take a night
class and learn how to weld. Pay someone to do it right... but quit messin'
up these great little cars under the guise of repair.

(besides the aesthetic & monetary value issues, there are structural
integrity issues to consider as well...)

Make no mistake... I'm no concours dude by any means. But, there's only one
"right" way to do rust repair. Anything less than that is a ham handed hack
job.

WST