Re: VIN and paint removal now VIN Wrong

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIN and paint removal now VIN Wrong
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 06:58:59 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net> wrote:
> "Heritage Certificate"
>
> Well...for verification....
>
> ..it should.

There are DMV's and there are DMV's. Stop me if you've
heard this before :-0, When I purchased my first
Sprite in Canada it would not pass inspection.
Floorboards were rotted out, front end wobbled and
plex windows were scratched badly. So I had a friend,
asst. base commander at CFB North Bay, "certify" that
I had purchased the car and was the legitimate owner.
I included what Canadian documentation that I had,
sent the certificate that he prepared to Texas DMV,
with its official looking gold embossed seal and CFB
stationary and I got a new Texas title and tags by
mail. When I sold it I went back to the Canadian
documents.

Of course he was the same guy who enrolled me in the
"Banana Splits Club,"(a cartoon TV show for kids)

So there ya go.
bill b. '69...er...'64 Sprite