Re: free stuff!

Subject: Re: free stuff!
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 12:36:27 -0500
Cc: Dbcooper292@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Funny story about that type of exhaust. Dave (Drag Sprite builder, it now has 4
wheel discs and a strut front suspension) was working on his first attempt at a
rotary in a Midget. He knew the Holley was running rich, but didn't know HOW
rich, until it was too late. He struggled out in the garage one day to get the
car to start, pumping the pedal, all that kind of stuff. Well, he is stubborn,
and it finally started. What he didn't realize, was that there was a LOT of raw
fuel that had run into the exhaust, and collected in the second muffler (brand
new from Pep Boys) So his car is started, running ok, he is revving the motor,
and then, BAM!!!
The fuel in the last muffler ignited, blowing out the seams on both sided of it.
I tried to get him to take it back as defective, as it didn't muffle the
explosion worth a damn. He wouldn't do it.................
Brad