Re: VIN Verification

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIN Verification
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 20:59:45 -0400
I just went through the same thing here in Michigan with an MGB.  But I had
no paperwork at all except for a hand written bill of sale.  The car was
sold by a man in Georgia to a woman in Texas.  She sold it to another man in
Texas who then sold it to list member Charlie Shelden in Oklahoma City.
Charlie then sold it to me.  Whew!  All with no paperwork other a bill of
sale.

I went to our DMV, got two forms, had a local policeman verify the VIN and
fill out one form.  I filled out the second form and received a title in the
mail 5 days later.

I used to live in California.  I shudder when I think of what I would have
had to go through there to get a title.

Rick

PS - I sold the car to a guy from Wisconsin a week later :-).