Re: Leaking gas tank

To: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leaking gas tank
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 23:27:47 -0700
Hi Mike,

I've used JB Weld in the past. It works well for about a year or so if you
prep it right, but the best results I've had is soldering with silver
solder. It takes some skill, especially on larger holes and you need to
clean the area with the hole very clean so the solder sticks, but it's held
really good for over a year now. Obviously, the tank needs to be removed
and flushed out good beforehand.

Gerard