Re: Leaking gas tank

To: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>
Subject: Re: Leaking gas tank
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 20:52:15 -0400
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have used JB Weld on my tank fitting on  the 30 Chevy and it's still
holding after 15 years. You can JB Weld onto a sheet metal screw and put
it in the hole too. POR 15 makes an excellent sealer that can be used
inside or outside and masking tape can hold the stuff until it dries in
place, peel the tape and paint that side later for a double caoted seal
(works well on floor boards that way.) I have also used fiberglass body
repair kits on tanks. As long as the resin is of the Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone
mix, it will not weaken due to gasoline. Of course a new tank would be
best, but the Bugeye has POR15 with fiberglass cloth around the filler
neck joint and it's holding just fine.

Dave & Bobbie
1960 AH3000 "Healey Bits"
1960 Bugeye "Little Bits" (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm