Little Car / Big Neglect

To: Sizematters <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Little Car / Big Neglect
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 10:59:45 -0400
So now I have this Midget running really nice now. Finished Replacing the brake
master yesterday just as it started to rain. So in interest of not wasting time
I figured I'd do the DMV registration thing and bleed the brake today prior to
it's first outing. Pulled the front wheels and found zero meat on pads, dry
rotted brake hoses and tie rod ends with no rubber boots remaining. Pulled back
wheels and found badly damaged wheel cylinders due to no retaining clips in
place. They were rubbing against the axle bolt flange.

Got my parts ordered and will have to postpone the first drive till next week.
I can tell you this, a Midget can suck the money out of a bank account just as
fast a an MGB can. In this respect, there is no difference. Still have some
electrical stuff to sort out so at least I can use the parts waiting time doing
something on this car.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
1974, 75 and 80 MGBs