Re: Catch me if you can 13:22:09 -0700

To: shine88@chartermi.net (Pat)
Subject: Re: Catch me if you can 13:22:09 -0700
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 19:50:23 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Actually, Pat....

Quite a few. I did a little research today...
vans, Minivans, SUV's, etc. backing up
into objects (like Spridgets, fr'instance!)
which are below the "line of sight" out
the rear window(s) when using the
normal center rear view mirror is more an epidemic than we think. Very,
very common accident these days.

The drivers of such vehicle's should be
using the side mirrors as well but
even so there would be that "mini blind
spot" low to the ground back there.

Thus, electronics mfgrs. have recently
come out with a rear bumper mounted
camera. It's lens is mounted on about a 6"
"plate", it's "monitor" placed internally
for easy viewing by the driver as he/she
checks the normal rear view mirror before
and during backing maneuvers.

This is something brand new as I understand it and one can only hope
it's
cost and availability will allow it to be installed cheaply and quickly
on as many
of these vehicles as possible, especially
those who live near me! :)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)