Re: Cleaning mag wheels

To: <dmeadow@juno.com>, <altec210@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Cleaning mag wheels
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 22:29:27 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
acid cleaners for aluminum wheels is a very spooky thing if yer not
carefull!  now on a blasted / rough finish the cleaner will clean the
aluminum like you never ever thought! but! be prepared for what it's going
to do if you leave it on too long!  it turns aluminum a white-ish color and
if unevenly applied streaked too!  if used on a highly polished surface it
strips the surface of the shine and leaves a surface you will be working on
for a while to "bring back" to a shine again.  using an acid based cleaner
on aluminum is the "flat rate" method of cleaning aluminum.  but it is
rather harsh hard to neutralise and if you get it on your hands and have
unprotected cuts or any wounds yer gonna really hate yourself !  i use the
stuff to bleach concrete.

chuck