Dixon, Ca. British car meet

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Dixon, Ca. British car meet
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 18:45:59 -0700
I attended the Dixon meet today and ran into many list and non-list friends
there including Larry Pitts who was fresh off the plane from Sprite Spree.
Larry told me what a great time he had and spoke highly of many of you. I'm
glad someone from the west coast could make it. Maybe I can make 2008 (if
there is one).

Lots of really nice and a several very rare showings. Among them were
Glen's A35, for which he took a second place plaque. (I promised I wouldn't
tell how many cars he was grouped together with...'-), a chain-drive
Fraser-Nash, a Sunbeam Tiger GT (purprted to be one of 15 (built or
existing- I forget which), an Austin Seven with a Cabriolet style top, a
Triumph Dolomite, complete with a very neat runble seat and pop-up rear
windscreen, a Triumph Ten (looks similar to Glens A35 but bigger), an
Austin A40 and a few others I don't recall at the moment. There were
several Spridgets and Bugeye's and a really nice showing of Morris Minors
and Big Healeys. I finally got to hear the B-GT with the '62 Buick engine
and 5 speed. What a sweet ride that must be!

On the way home I saw at least a dozen 30's vintage steet rods (deuce
coupes and Vickies) a gorgeous teal green '56 Ford T-bird w original wires
and wide WW tires, a '49 Merc, a few other 50's vintage cars and several
dragsters (on trailers of course) returning from a day's racing at Sear's
Point Raceway.

T'was a day full of eye candy!

Gerard