[no subject]

To: "Spridget List (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:14:33 -0700
I'm needing a replacement oil filler cap for my '69 Sprite; parts sources
I've checked list both a vented and a non-vented cap for the 1275, and they
don't break it down by year. My Mk.IV had the air pump, gulp valve, air
injection manifold and all that other hazerai, all of which has long since
been tossed. So, which cap do I need? Removing the cap when the engine was
running used to result in a drop in idle revs; it doesn't anymore. Does this
suggest a vented cap that's no longer venting, or a non-vented cap that's
leaking? This is, I'm assuming, all tied in with crankcase ventilation.
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim Algar