Starter pinion cover

To: "Spridget List (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter pinion cover
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:29:58 -0700
I've been running my '69 Sprite for a while without the starter pinion
cover, which went AWOL at my last rebuild. This is obviously not good,
allowing road mung to enter the bell housing, so I thought I should replace
it. However, I have recently replaced the original Lucas starter with a
gear-reduction type, which comes at the ring gear from the opposite side, so
the original "cupped" starter pinion gear cover isn't really necessary; a
flat plate would do - except I'm too lazy to make one. Anybody out there
have a spare pinion cover they'd like to sell?

Jim Algar