Re: Golden Sprite Give-Away

To: Rick J Moses <spridgets@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Golden Sprite Give-Away
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:37:55 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Rick,

Friday, June 6, 2003, 8:05:54 PM, you wrote:

Rick> Over the weekend all of these suggestions/comments will be compiled.
Rick> Monday they will be posted to this group again listed and condensed.
Rick> This will be for you all  to look them over and see if we missed any
Rick> thing.

This is a great idea, but the organization of the rebuild, tracking
parts, keeping the project on time, will be as big of an effort as
doing the car.  I sort think the way to break down the project is as
follows:

        1.  A person (now know as the BOSS) will have plan the route
        of the car during repairs.  That includes:
           a) making sure it arrives at the correct place for the work
           to be done.
           b) arrange people to tow, or relay the car across the
           country.
           c) help might be found in this arena from the spridget list
           and from local Austin Healey clubs.
        2. The BOSS will also need to track parts, get parts, pick
        between parts, makes sure people working them finish them ship
        them, etc.

        3. If we have a year tour of car shows someone will have to
        plan the route, arrange people to move the car, sit the car
        and sell tickets, collect money.  Planning the route and
        getting people to move the car, store the car will be tough.

        4. Publicity.  Someone to get the word out to vendors,
        suppliers, car shows, etc.  A person to get Golden Boy high
        visibility.

These jobs don't have to be one person, it can be many, but someone
has to be in charge and have the final say.  It is a great idea and it
will happen; either the way we plan it or in some different form.

Man, I hate to sound like the idiot management at work but,

1.  What are the goals of this project.  Reduce cost to all attendees,
    get more people to SS08,  generate interest, get more people to
    attend, others?
2.  The tour would point to the publicity side of the equation.  Sell
    tickets at each event, hand out SS08 flyers.
3.  Start getting event notices published at least 1 year in advance.

At the event a poster board with a bunch of pictures of the car and
people along the way, etc.

Lets get the goals clear, followed by the task, break the jobs up into
a manageable load, assign people (with backup, things happen in 5
years) and plan out method to do the job and the route of the road
trip.  Then we should start.  It would be really neat if the car
visited a bunch of different states and maybe Canada.  If we could
get picture of the tow vehicle, the car on a trailer, and the welcome
to XXXX state, that would be cool.

This will require good organizational skills.  I myself use the piling
method of filing so ....

PS.  Maybe get an artistic person to sign the name of all participants
on the underside of the bonnet?  Would there be room?

Rick> If you can think of anything else that may come into play with this
Rick> project NOW is the time to bring it to our attention.  Any constructive
Rick> ideas, thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Rick> Over the weekend other contacts will be initiated with business, clubs,
Rick> Healey and other helpful  people.  This will be in order to get their
Rick> input.  As they respond to me their comments will also be shared.

Rick> Once all this information is collected a final decision will be made.  IF
Rick> .... this project will be done we will start on it immediately.  A target
Rick> of the two weeks seems reasonable.  We will have to hold our breath until
Rick> then.

Rick> Everybody that desires to participate should be given the chance to help,
Rick> in their own capacity, to certain extents, irregardless of where they
Rick> live. No one should be left out to make this a truly successful 50th
Rick> anniversary story for our little Sprites.

Rick> Keep smiling,

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

"The liver is evil, it must be punished"
77 Midget
02 Irish Terrier