Re: Any Chebbie Mechanics? No LBC

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any Chebbie Mechanics? No LBC
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:58:34 -0400
as amusing as some may find this, toyota's seemingly have near bullet proof
brake hoses!   during my incarceration with toyota as a "parts professional"
early on i inquired as to why we stocked no brake hoses, yet had disc brake
hardware kits galore!   the hoses truly were an item requiring little if
ever replacement!   i was told by my manager "they never sold any"!  and for
the better part he was right!  oh yes some did need replacement!  but in
comparison to the GM line we also had toyota's hoses seemned to last
150,000-200,000 miles without fail as opposed to the GM hoses never seeing
80,000-100,000 miles!  i'm uncertain of toyota's materials in hose
manufacture but i can say they were definitly a superior product for
longevity's sake.

chuck.