Re: more speedo questions

To: "Lansing, Joseph G." <Joseph.G.Lansing@conocophillips.com>, "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: more speedo questions
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:26:23 -0500
Joe,
         Sometimes the bearing will be worn inside. Try adding a small
washer to space the inner cable out from pushing too hard on the driven
wheel. There's a steel cone and an aluminum cup. The cone is driven by your
cable, and the cup is attached to the needle. they shouldn't touch. If they
do, you get your symptoms. You don't want to push one into the other with
any extra length inner cable. As the cone spins it magnetically "drags" the
aluminum cup at a predetermined rate.
         (I think I've got the physics right. Might be the other way round,
though. Been a while.)
         Peter C.
==