Re: Brakes broke

To: "Roger N. Smith" <smithr001@wave.bicv.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes broke
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:19:20 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Roger N. Smith wrote:
>  after about five
> minuets on the road the fronts are binding hard enough that you can smell
> them. The rears seam to be fine. Any one got a clue about what I'm missing.

Roger

Try adjusting the pushrod at the master cylinder.
I have had this happen (on the way to SS03) by replacing replacing the
calipers just prior to leaving.
It will only need a 1/2 a turn or so. You may have either switched
clutch/brake pushrods when rebuilding the master or maybe new parts make
up for years of slack in the system and it needs to be adjusted.
I think you need a 3/8" and a 1/2: open end wrench, loosen the lock nut
on the rod, turn the rod with a 3/8 wrench, try it and be sure to
tighten up the lock nut.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ