Re: Bugeye bonnet

To: AGross9217@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bugeye bonnet
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 08:54:10 -0400 5.0; U)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Allan:

I haven't done this myself, but what I have seen is using the locking pins on
the
front to serve as a hinge, unbolting the regular hinges from the bonnet,
securing
those in what would normally be their closed position (not sure how; welded?)
and
hood pins mounted on them which would then hold down the bonnet.  A guy by the
name
of Jack Deneen in North Haven, Connecticut built one like this that I saw a
number
of years ago at LRP.  I think he still has it.  I've seen some done like this at
other shows as well.

Jim