Re: Neg ground and stereo

To: "Lansing, Joseph G." <Joseph.G.Lansing@conocophillips.com>
Subject: Re: Neg ground and stereo
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:22:34 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Lansing, Joseph G. wrote:
> What is the trick to wiring a positive ground stereo in a negative ground
>car? I tried reversing things but couldn't get it to work...could I have
>damaged the stereo?

Battery hot to chassis of stereo, (negative)
Positive (ground from car) to red lead on stereo.
Isolate stereo from hitting any metal in the car.
And cut back the insulation on the antenea because this makes a ground
too. If you just cut back the outer sheaith, it will break the ground.
It's a whole lot easier to reverse the polarity of the car.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ