62 Mk II intro and pic

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[F436A870:01C34B9C] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h6GDLe7R028512
Subject: 62 Mk II intro and pic
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:19:52 -0600
After a few weeks and lots of good info from the list I've decided to brave an
introduction:

I'm Joe Lansing, 2 month owner of a 62 Sprite Mk II in Western CO, USA. Poor
shade-tree mechanic and old car lover/hater.

Car is in OK shape (http://www.extragravity.com/life_chevron.jpg caption was
placed the benefit of my old colleagues). History on the car indicates it was
an abandoned vehicle in Steamboat Springs, CO in 1967. P.O. bought it for $50
from his brother the tow truck driver, said he put a new tranny in it, and
fixed some front end collision damage and re-ringed it. Then he painted it the
color of his son's high school team - and did a poor job. It has basically sat
garaged since 1979. He took it out occasionally for local parades, picnics,
etc. He's bit of a motorhead so he kept it running OK.

So now my 15 year old son and I are trying to slowly get it into good shape
without breaking the bank. So far it's been brakes, windshield, seats, speedo
and other little things. Parts are in for front wheel bearings, carb rebuild,
carpet kit. I see front end work on the horizon.

So I'm looking forward to an enduring membership on the list - glad to meet you
all!

Joe Lansing (and son Cody)

62 Sprite MkII