RE: Front end alignment, toe in

To: "'William M. Gilroy'" <w.lists@verizon.net>, "'spridget'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front end alignment, toe in
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:00:57 -0400
Ahh, the string.  Use a piece of string long enough to start at the rear
wheel and go past the front, park the car with the wheels straight
forward as possible.  Duct tape the string to the back of the rear tire
half way up so that once pulled twords the front it will pass the center
of both wheels.  When the string is pulled tight bring it in so that it
just touches the front of the rear wheel, now you have a straight line
to compare the angle of the front wheel with.  Repeat for the other side
and get that thing on the road for Saturday!
P.S.  You might want to jack the front of the car up before you start,
just try not to disturb the position of the steering wheel once you set
it straight.

Dan Walters
'63 Sprite
'74 Midget